Re: EMTF Breakfast Presentation
January 3rd, 2018, 7am
3330 Fairlight Drive
Presentation: Saskatoon Shining Forward
Saskatoon is currently in the midst of an exciting transition with its environmental and energy performance. From transportation, energy conservation, electricity generation, waste reduction, and more, Saskatoon is motivated to bring itself into a modern city ready for the future. Amongst the vanguards within the city is the climate action team — a motivated group of talented professionals working to improve Saskatoon’s overall environmental performance. We will be joined by four members of the City of Saskatoon’s climate action team to discuss the current state of affairs with energy and conservation in the city. Each panelist will present for five to ten minutes and then we will have an open forum for questions and answers. This is a great opportunity to hear first-hand from the people in the city pushing Saskatoon’s environmental goals into action.
- is Director of Environmental & Corporate Initiatives at City of Saskatoon. She leads a team of environmental professionals, engineers, and project managers responsible for initiatives that address the City of Saskatoon’s Strategic Goal of Environmental Leadership and major city-building projects that enhance quality of life. There are four components to the City’s environmental mandate: waste diversion, energy efficiency, green energy generation, and environmental protection. Prior to joining the City of Saskatoon in 2010, she was Resource Planning Manager at Meewasin for 3 years and from 1996 to 2007, Brenda contracted her professional services to a number of non-profit organizations including leading the Saskatchewan Economic Developers Association (SEDA) as Executive Director and was the founding Executive Director for the Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP).
- is a designated accountant and the City of Saskatoon’s Environmental Accounting Manager. As Project Lead of the Climate Change Mitigation Business Plan, Nasha will provide her expertise to analyze the financial, operational, and environmental implications and viability of various mitigation activities.
- is an Environmental Coordinator for the City, with a background in Environmental Education and Fine Arts. She is overseeing the climate change engagement and communications strategies, as well as leading the content development for the City’s climate change campaign. Shannon has led the development and implementation of numerous environmental initiatives at the City and in the community.
- is an Environmental Coordinator for the City of Saskatoon. He is leading the environmental engagement strategy for employees, and has been working with other divisions to build the City’s internal capacity to undertake environmental initiatives and improve the environmental performance of City operations.
Other members of the climate action team (not attending) include:
- Michael Klein, Marketing Consultant
- Anna Hopkins, Engagement Specialist
- Katie Burns, Environmental Coordinator
7:00am – 7:15am – Arrive & register
7:15am – 7:50am – Breakfast, introductions, current events, open discussion
7:50am – 8:30am – Presentation
8:30am – 8:40am – Q & A
Martin Boucher (EMTF Saskatoon presentation comittee).