Re: EMTF Breakfast Presentation
October 4th, 2017, 7am
3330 Fairlight Drive
Bill Madder (CEO, Association of Saskatchewan Realtors),
Mark Prebble (Associate, Derrick Atretch Realty Inc), and
Nathan Jones (Solar Energy Advisor, MiEnergy).
- has been in the real estate industry since 1979. During that time he has worked as a salesperson, broker/sales manager, and Board Executive. Bill was the Chief Executive Officer of the Brandon Real Estate Board from 1993 until 2001 when he moved to Saskatoon to become the ASR EVP.
Mark Prebble (B.PA.)
- attended the University of Saskatchewan where he studied economics, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration. Mark has served with Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership, an organization dedicated to research in best practices in housing in Saskatoon. In 2016, Mark served as a candidate for Ward 6 City Councillor (finishing as runner-up). Mark is currently a local realtor, specializing in the promotion of energy efficient homes and the importance of designing walk-able communities. During his time in the housing industry, Mark has developed a diverse network of colleagues at the U of S, in local business, arts and culture, and in Saskatoon’s healthcare and environmental communities.
- graduated from the Edwards School of Business with a degree in Marketing. He focused a majority of his studies around sustainability and presented his undergraduate research at the On Sustainability Conference in Croatia. He has since worked with the Saskatchewan Chapter of the Canadian Green Building Council, Vereco Homes and currently works with MiEnergy as a Solar Energy Advisor.
Presentation: Selling Green Housing in Saskatoon
This EMTF meeting will include three panelists to discuss how the real estate industry is responding to energy efficiency housing and self-generation in Saskatoon. The panelists come from different perspectives on the Real Estate industry and will share their thoughts on the current state of affairs and pathways moving forward. Come to the next session and be part of this important conversation.
We will discuss questions like:
- What is the current state of green building (energy efficient or self-generating) in Saskatoon?
- What are the main challenges to increasing the uptake of energy efficiency and self-generating housing? What are the barriers for real estate agents to sell these homes?
- How might there be pathways forward to improve the sales uptake of green buildings in Saskatoon?
7:00am – 7:15am – Arrive & register
7:15am – 7:50am – Breakfast, introductions, current events, open discussion
7:50am – 8:30am – Presentation
8:30am – 8:40am – Q & A
Martin Boucher (EMTF Saskatoon presentation comittee).